Friday 13 June 2008

Kenting

Just about everyone living in Taiwan knows about Kenting, (墾丁) as it is popular with locals and expats alike. For those outside of Taiwan, Kenting is a picturesque town on the southern tip of Taiwan. It has a tropical climate, so even when the rest of the island is shivering in winter, Kenting remains mild.

My wife and I at Baishawan (白砂灣), where there is, in my opinion, the best beach in the Kenting area.











We opened our presents on Christmas Day of 2004 on the beach at Baishawan (白砂灣).


I usually stay at Chuanfanshi (船帆石), just outside of Kenting, as it is quieter than staying in the main town.





My parents enjoyed Kenting when they visited Taiwan, despite the typhoon that hit while we were there!


The aforementioned typhoon.


These photos were all taken on the coastal road between Eluanbi (鵝鑾鼻) and Gangkou (港口).







It wasn't entirely clear why this man was standing on the beach in his underwear!

My wife and I looking down on Kenting from the Kenting Forest Park (墾丁森林遊樂區).


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am Cathy
your picture taking skill is really excellent!!
I don't really know that Taiwan is very beautiful!!

N said...

Hi, I was born in Taiwan but never been to the south. Your pictures are so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I am Emily :D

haha so many Ppl like your picTURES!!


THOSE DAYS ARE SO BORING ... :(

N said...

I was born in Taipei but my hometown is Shulin, in Taipei county. My family and I left when I was 9. I only went back twice for visit. It's ok if I'm there less than 3 weeks, it's way too hot and humid for me. I also don't like the mentality much and always had crazy people stopping me on the street. I feel like a handicape when I'm back in the motherland. I can't even read the train schedule:p

Anyway, I feel much more Canadian, than Taiwanese which makes people have problem with it. Your Mandarin is probably than mine.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Andy..
I'm coming finally!:) just bored n' looking part-time..
through the pics u took, i know how beautiful Taiwan is! I enjoy for looking them..
Well, I know it's a good way for me.. I can come here whenever I miss u, ah?!

umm.. I miss ur reading class! ><

Anyway, see u on mon. I will try to talk to you with no tears, okay?

last..
slowly for BMW! XD