Tuesday 29 April 2008

Various Pictures (2007)

The following are a selection of photos that I took on various trips throughout 2007.
Sunrise over Taichung. In summer I try to get up as early as possible when I go on a ride so that I can avoid the heat.
This picture was taken on route 193 which begins near Qixingtan in Hualian and then heads south. This road makes a pleasant alternative to the more well-known national highways 9 and 11 with which this road runs parallel.

These pictures were taken on route 197 near Taitung. Part of this route passes through a protected nature reserve, and for these 14 kilometres the surface is covered in loose stones, perhaps as an attempt to discourage motorised vehicles. The bike was sliding about all over the place and, to be honest, I was happy to get to the end of this section without falling on my arse!



A view of the Deji Reservoir looking west from Lishan.


These photos were taken along national highway number 7, which is also known as the Northern-Cross Highway.



This is the Mingchi Forest Recreation Area, also on national highway number 7.

The so-called "sea of clouds" always makes a great photo opportunity.









The Central-Cross Highway climbs to over 3000 metres, so the weather is very unpredictable.

Enjoying the view on Hehuan Mountain, the highest point on the Central-Cross Highway.
I always ride cautiously when I see ice, especially since I came off my bike near Alishan when I didn't notice a patch of black ice on the road.


Sunrise over Taroko Gorge taken from the Central-Cross Highway.



A view looking west from Hehuan Mountain.


Taking a break on the Central-Cross Highway.

The Wushantou Reservoir on national highway number 20, which is also known as the Southern-Cross Highway.

Clouds rolling in on the Southern-Cross Highway.

Storm clouds on the east coast, just to the south of Hualian.


More pictures from Taroko Gorge.





No comments: